Baseball New Zealand
- Published on Monday, 18 April 2011 18:21
- Written by Baseball New Zealand
Baseball New Zealand is the national governing body for Baseball in New Zealand. Our membership comprises:
- 5 Regions (Member Regions)
- 3 Baseball Associations and 8 Clubs
- More than 4,000 individual members, who play, coach, officiate and support Baseball in New Zealand.
We estimate that more than 5,000 individuals participate in competitive and recreational Baseball programs in various capacities around the country.
Baseball New Zealand is one of over 130 member affiliates of the International Baseball Federation (IBAF). An estimated 60 million people play Baseball worldwide.
Baseball New Zealand's purpose is to:
- Be the dynamic and innovative leader of Baseball in New Zealand
- Engage, support and inform all Baseball stakeholders
- Raise the profile and standing of and participation in Baseball
- Support and deliver quality competitive and recreational Baseball opportunities locally, nationally and internationally
Our vision is to be the world's number one Baseball nation, providing exciting competitive and recreational opportunities to a rapidly expanding and diverse membership and to communities throughout New Zealand.
Baseball New Zealand provides numerous services, programs and activities to our members and the wider Baseball community, such as:
- National events, including New Zealand National Club Championships
- Tours to New Zealand by international teams and MLB players
- Programs for children, including Kiwi T-Ball
- Social inclusion programs for people with a disability and the socially disadvantaged
- Corporate and social Baseball programs
- Coaching clinics and online coaching tools, tips and techniques
- International tour management
- Different types of Baseball for people of all ages and abilities
- Opportunities for players, coaches and officials to compete at the highest national and international levels
- Member recognition programs
- Baseball equipment, clothing and merchandise
- A national membership database and website services
- Paid and volunteer employment opportunities
- Accreditation programs and professional development activities for coaches, umpires and scorers
- Sponsorship and advertising opportunities
- Resources to support Association and Club development and management